.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Date Night @ Labor & Delivery

(Long Post!! Sorry.)


On Friday Xango gave Tyler tickets to a Real Salt Lake Game. Tyler was so STOKED!! He has been wanting these tickets for quite a while now. The game was Saturday night @ Rice Eckles Stadium. We had so much fun. Ty & I went up early and stopped by Tai Pan first (What a trooper) and then Headed to dinner and then to the game! We had awesome seats!! It was so nice to finally have Date Night with just my hubby. We haven’t gone and done something with just the two of us in the longest time. I love spending time with my best friend! We stayed for the whole game (even though the score ended 0/0). Thanks for such a great Date Night Ty! xoxo

The Story Continues……………….

(Let me set the scene)

We had just left the game and had only been on the road about 5 minutes. I have been really good the past month or so making sure my seat belt is below my stomach on my lap. We had just reached a red light so I decided to sit up a little bit and adjust my sitting position. As I was sitting up the seat belt ended up across my stomach tightening quickly. Just as I had Made it to a straight up position we heard tires SCREECHING behind us, I looked at Tyler and said “OH NO!!” I went to grab my seat belt to pull it down off my stomach but I was too late! That’s when we were hit from behind! I would say he was going about 25- 30 MPH by the time he hit into us. We were not thrown too far, So I didn’t even think anything of it until we both pulled over into a parking lot to exchange information and then I felt a throbbing ache coming from my stomach.

Try to believe this but….


I stayed CALM (I don’t know where this came from because knowing my self I should have been freaking out at this point) until Ty got back into the car. I calmly told him my stomach was hurting where my seat belt was and I should just call the doctors office to report the accident. (My past 2 appointments I have been told I need to report any Falls, Accidents, Punctures to the stomach, Etc. ASAP.) So I thought I will just call & leave a message reporting it in case they want to see my Monday.


Some one ended up answering at the Dr. Office. I explained to her what had happened and told her we weren’t hit very hard but was just calling to report it. She told me that she HAD to call the Dr. on call right away. I tried explaining to her that I wasn’t hurt but she said she needed to report it immediately. So I hung up & told Ty “no worries they just want me to talk to the doctor.” With in 5 min. Dr. Gamette ( I Love this man! He was so great) was calling me back. I explained to him that I was fine I just tried to report it to his office. The first thing he asked me was where was your seat belt. I started to explain the situation & he interrupted me and asked “Was it across your stomach?” Once I told him yes, he told me I need to come directly to the hospital. He was very demanding so I whispered to Ty go to the hospital. Tyler FLOORED IT!!!!


I have never seen this side of Tyler before in my life! Honestly it was the cutest thing ever!! I kept telling him to slow down before we get into another wreck but he just said we have got to get you there! I told him everything the doctor said and told him I was fine but he didn’t listen. Ty was so nervous he couldn’t even think straight enough to know the way to the hospital once we got off the exit. He was like one of those dads you see on the movies when the wife is in labor! He was so darling! He takes such good care of me!


We got all checked in about 10:30 pm, changed into a gown & hooked up to the machines. This is the first time my heart dropped & I was nervous.


She couldn’t find a heart beat!!! Tyler stood right up and started staring at the machine. FINALLY she picked it up. Tyler started reading off numbers aloud from the machine and asked her what it should be at. Tyler didn’t take his eyes off those numbers for about 5 minutes. I was also having small contractions at this point, & my blood pressure was a little lower than they like it so the Dr. decided to keep me for a few more hours to observe. We were released about 2:55 am & were given many instructions. I was just relieved and excited everything was okay and I was ready to crawl into my own bed!! I am now REALLY anxious to have this little guy!!



Your own Sneak Peak……..






..................................................

Here is Tyler pacing back and forth on the phone with Breelyn.
This is the first smile I had seen for a couple of hours.


.......................................................................


This is not the best picture of my self but I took this to document. I was nothing but smiles and giggles while waiting for the nurse to come hook me up to the monitors.


............................................


It was really fun to sit back and listen to Braxtons heart beat & movements. He was the most active I think he has ever been. The nurses were pleased to see that.



We had a lot of paper work to fill out & were given A LOT of instructions!

8 comments:

McKenzie... said...

EXCUSE ME.....why didn't I get a call on Saturday night when this happened??? I can not believe it. Wow, I am so so so glad everything is good with you and braxton. What luck the tuckers have. So what is the damage like from the hit? Was it your new car? What a weekend!!

Katie said...

I'm so glad that that everything is okay! I would've been freaked out. Hopefully there won't be any further complications because of this! I HATE when people drive like idiots... it always causes the other people damage!

CaraNathan said...

How weird that the week I thought you got in an accident you end up getting in one! I am so glad you and the baby are okay!!

The Woody's Fam said...

You are so lucky! I still can't believe you stayed calm; I know I would have been worried to death! I am so glad to hear everything is ok!

The Swapp's said...

I am so glad everyone is ok!! That is scary but it is so good to hear your ok. Keep me up dated on how things are going. we love and think about you all the time. love ya

Cody and Heather Olsen said...

oh my gosh! i am so glad that you and the baby are ok! how scary. i am so happy that dr gammette was good to you!

Jobi Niu said...

What a crazy story! I love how into it Tyler was.. Enoch is the same way.. he freaked out over the SMALLEST things.. ha ha I'm glad everything is okay!

Annika said...

Oh wow, that is so scary! And I just read this as we are leaving tomorrow to drive to Disneyland.... I am glad you are okay! At least you got to see what it will be like somewhat with the real thing so you won't have to be as nervous of the unknown. The story of Tyler's proposal was SO cute! What a great guy you have!