.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Engagement * June 10, 2006

I can’t believe 2 years ago today my sweet husband proposed to me. I couldn’t have asked for more. Tyler & I’s relationship started out as a really fun meeting story & I always wondered if that’s all it would be! My best friend Breelyn tried setting us up for 2 years before Tyler left on his mission. The timing was never right. Tyler left on his mission and I had just finished my first year down at Snow College. I decided to come home to stay. Breelyn had tried to get us to meet just weeks before he left but I was interested in someone else. Breelyn was sick of my excuses and thought she would take things into her own hands. Breelyn took a picture from my room one night & sent it to him along with my address.

What do you know, Just 4 days later here is a letter from an unknown person in my mailbox! My first thoughts were “Desperate!” so I rolled my eyes through the whole letter and pushed it aside. 7 months passed & that letter was still sitting in a pile in my mail bin untouched. The guilt got to me. I decided that was pretty rude of me and decided to write him a quick non thought letter back to end the guilt trip in my head. The letter was very simple and didn’t give him much hope to write me back. One week later…. Another letter was waiting for me in my mailbox. The rest is history! Tyler & I wrote from that day on until the day he walked off the plane 8 months later. 6 months later Tyler proposed and we were married 2 months later in the Salt Lake Temple. I couldn’t have asked for someone more amazing to come into my life and sweep me off my feet!

And that day he did…..

He thought of the perfect proposal. Its very hard to surprise me even though surprises are my most favorite thing! But he truly fooled me this time….

Tyler told me he had to work that day & that he had planned a date night for us that night so he would just pick me up later once he got off work and got ready. I thought nothing of it and decided to go birthday shopping that day with my mom. Tyler got off “work” a little early and told me he would just come over, once he got to my house I was eager to head up to our reservations. (He said we were going to the Blue Boar Inn in Midway for dinner) He told me we were going to be way early but I insisted we go. So Tyler gave in and we started heading up Provo Canyon. When I got in the car the setting was so perfect he even had our song playing. He kept telling me we were going to be so early and that they wouldn’t take us because they didn’t have any other time slots available before ours. So out of no where right before we reached the Sundance turn off he said “do you want to go drive past Sundance since we have time?” At this point his hands were sweating. I thought nothing of it and said “Sure” his plan was working perfectly as I was off in La La Land thinking nothing of it! His families best friends have the most BEAUTIFUL cabin up there and he told me he was going to show me where it was. We pulled into the driveway and he asked if I wanted to go in? I hurried and said “No way! I am not going in with out them knowing. Let’s Just go.” “You don’t even have a key.” Right then he lifted down his visor and pushed the garage door opener! I don’t even remember talking after this. When we walked in I saw a flight of stairs with a single long stem rose on every other step all the way up (There were 3 flights.) My cute hubby was so good at keeping a journal on his mission and a little bit after he got home. Each card had a date and an event on it that marked our journey to this point. This first card started with the date of my first letter back and then last card ended with “ June 10, 2006 You thought you were going to the Blue Boar in for dinner” I looked at him and he asked me to close my eyes. He of course started into this whole romantic speech as he walked me through a room. He ended saying I don’t want it to end if it doesn’t end here” He had me open my eyes and there on a table was the most beautiful picture of the Salt Lake temple and a vase of roses. He got down on one knee and ask me to marry him!!

I love you Tyler. I couldn’t have asked for a better husband or best friend. Thanks for making me laugh every day, and Thank you for choosing me!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is the sweetest story ever!!!! I totally got all teary eyed! hehehe I'm glad you're so happy!!!!

Jobi Niu said...

K..how sweet!! You guys are perfect for each other!

Chels Grubbs said...

I can't believe you guys have been married for almost 2 years already!!! That's crazy!!! K cutest story!!! Tim was kind of a struggle when it came to the proposal......it probably didn't help that I gave him a deadline that he had to propose to me by : )
ps I'm so glad everything is ok after that accident!!! Scary