.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Baby Tucker Due October 5, 2008

The secret is finally out!! We are so relieved!! We are so excited to share our exciting news with our Family and Friends! We are expecting our first baby October 5, 2008 & we can not wait! We feel like it can not come fast enough! Deciding not to tell anyone until we were closer to the end of my 1st trimester was such a long wait & we are thrilled the news is finally out!
We are anxiously awaiting May to come around so we can find out what we are having! We will be excited either way but we have quite the number of people routing for a girl! Tyler's family has 5 grand kids right now 1 Girl who is the oldest and 4 boys who have come right in row! We are hoping to break the boy streak! Also my sister just had the first grand baby on my side which was a boy so it would be fun to try a girl out!
We ended up telling our families in two different ways...
For my family we volunteered to bring dessert to Sunday dinner thinking no one would ever clue into what we were up too. & they didn't! It worked out perfectly. We had a cake made with an Ultra sound picture on it! (THE PICTURE IS NOT OURS) The cake decorator did such an amazing job!
Tyler got dessert out and put it on the counter and then asked my mom to show him how he should cut it! she came into the kitchen where my dad followed. She lifted up the lid and closed it right away looking at Tyler and saying "No Way!" she started crying right off! My dad couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about so he went right for the cake. He opened the lid and starting celebrating! My family had NO idea it was coming! They are very excited!


Surprising the Strong family





For Tyler's Family we just couldn't wait any longer we wanted them to know so bad and couldn't wait till Sunday when we would all be together! So Tyler and I decided to fill a basket with Easter eggs and have them unscramble a puzzle. In each egg there was one letter that would spell out "Baby Tucker Due October 5, 2008" We filled 3 baskets and took one to his Mom & Dad and 2 sisters. We tried door bell ditching but our plan fell through once we got to his mom and dad's house and she opened the door as Tyler was walking up to it! :) ha ha! It was pretty funny! In the end it worked out perfect! They are just as thrilled to have Grand baby #6 on the way!!
Here are some fun things that were said by Tylers Nephews about us having a baby.

Jaxon (6) "Oh Man, You have got to be kidding me!"
Connor (4) " Amanda Who?"
Chandler(5) & Preston (2) Amanda is going to have a baby. "Is it Tage? (My sisters baby they have met twice) " Is she going to have Tage?"

Surprising the Tucker Family





11 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Those are such cute ideas to tell your families! I'm SOOOOOOOO excited for you guys! love ya girl..congrats!

Jaime said...

Yeah! We are so excited as well. Cute post and new background!

Monica Jackman said...

Amanda! I have been so thrilled for you ever since you told me the fabulous news! You are going to be the best mom. And if you need any parenting advice- don't ask me because I'm still figuring this out. But i must say that having a baby has made me happier than I ever thouhgt possible!

Sherilyn said...

Congratulations!!!! We are way excited for you guys. I have been waiting and hoping to hear this great news from you. We couldn't be more excited. Love your blog and the clever ways you announced your wonderful news. Keep us updated. Can't wait to find out what he/she is!
Love ya, Aunt Shar

Amie said...

Congratulations Amanda. That is so exciting. Cute idea with the cake too!

Annika said...

Well aren't you a bit SNEAKY yourself!?! haha Congrats! I am really excited for you guys. We will have so many little ones running around here we won't know what to do! I am jealous of the cute ways you announced to your family. They were such great ideas! I also loved the comments by your nieces and nephews. They totally cracked me up. Hope you are feeling okay. I know the feeling and it is NOT fun! Keep us all posted with updates. That is such great news and congrats again!

Tyler and Kilee said...

I love the ways you told your family! I couldn't just tell ours either..I wanted to do it in a special way too. I've never heard of either of those ideas and they're way cute! good job! Can't wait for this little baby. I see you're "wishful thinking" on the baby counter...very girly?? Sign up for babycenter.com emails if you haven't already. It's so much more helpful then any book you'll find!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

YEA!!! We're so EXCITED! We just can't wait for the little one to be here! Mostly I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! I can't wait!YEA!!! You'll be such an INCREDIBLE Mother! We love you!

kelsey and murray said...

Amanda- I am not sure if you will remember me, anyway... CONGRATS! I am so excited for you! And that cake was darling. I hope that you and Tyler are doing great! Your blog is darling- stay in touch!
Kels

Tyler Tucker said...

YOUR PREGNANT? NO WAY

Cheryl said...

Hey Amanda! Congrats! You are totally going to love being a mom!