.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Due to Arrive...

Well the day FINALLY came... and WENT! It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up only to realize I had been tricked! What an awful trick I have to say! I have planned on going late this whole pregnancy but I won't lie a little part of me really hoped he would come just a couple days early.
I pretty much got the boot from work yesterday! They decided to start the new girl full time & my boss doesn't want to pay 2 people to do the same job, plus there is not that much work for the both of us to do any how.
SO NOW WHAT?? I don't think I would feel this way at all if I knew I wasn't going to be so bored the next little while just waiting for him to come! Hopefully I can come up with somethings to do but, I am completely ready for this baby to come. I have been stressing to have everything ready "JUST IN CASE" for the past couple of weeks. (My boss said the main reason he asked me to be done Friday was because he thought I would need a week to get everything on order including my house.) I NEVER wanted to have time off before I had the baby. I always wanted to keep working up until the day I had to go to the hospital. I really just don't know what I am going to do with my self no that I won't be working! Especially if I end up having to be induced on the 13th.
I was a little emotional about the whole thing yesterday and I couldn't figure out why?! It finally hit me that it was because it made me feel like I didn't belong anywhere. I like routine and I am not a huge fan of change I'll admit. I have been working full time for the past 5 years in an office setting 8-5/Monday - Friday, this is what I do everyday. Now that I am not needed in the office, my house is all ready for this baby to come so I am not really needed here, & I am not quite a mom yet but SO ready to pop I just asked myself where do I honestly belong? I know my place will come very soon. & there is an end to this It's just making me very anxious! I just pray he comes sooner than later so I don't go crazy just twiddling my thumbs and waiting and hoping on any sign of labor this next week. I think I need to have another little chat with my baby boy!

Today was a different day. It had quite a different feeling to it. When I woke up of course that was the first thing that popped into my head, but I was excited to get up and get going. It was really fun waking up to the rain and knowing I had a whole Saturday with my hubby! I made Breakfast Burritos for breakfast one of our favorites and we cuddled up on the couch and watched the first session of conference. I got many texts and phone calls this morning asking if this baby was any closer to greeting us? My mom was one who called and she suggested something that helped her have contractions and also put my little brothers birth mother into labor. So we jumped right on it. We hopped in the car, turned on conference & headed up the Alpine Loop and back. For a min there I actually started to have a lot of pressure but once we reached the turn off for Tibble Fork on the way back home they stopped, COMPLETELY!! Once again TRICKED! So I came home and decided to dig deep into the house. I even mopped with my shmop instead of on my hands and knees because it uses so many stomach muscles. and to report... NOTHING. I feel like I have tried everything but I know he is just going to when he is ready! I am not really sure if anything works any how but hey I am not giving up! Tonight while Ty was at priesthood My mom took me to Cafe Rio and then back to her house to watch a good chick flick to take my mind off of it! It really helped Thanks Mom! Now its just back to the waiting game... the oven is hot, he is completely baked, & the timer has gone off! I just don't know what to do to convince him to come! I will have to think of something! My Doctors appointment is on Monday so I am hoping he has had a change of heart and has decided to let my body progress! We will see! I hope he greets us soon! We are so very EXCITED!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey I decided that I had enough of work even though I was going to work up until the day I had my baby. So I called up my HR and told them I was going on leave on the 8th... and I had her on the 7th. HAHAH So... maybe you'll have him, I dunno TODAY! HEHE Good luck... you crack me up! I'm excited for ya!

kelsey and murray said...

Amanda! I can't believe its coming so soon! I check your blog almost everyday to see if he has come yet. What an exciting time for you. Murr and I need to bring by your baby gift since I couldn't make it to your shower.

Unknown said...

Hey! We were down there this weekend, we called and wanted to see you but it was your due date and thought you might be delivering the little guy. You need some time off woman, I can't believe your not relieved to finally have a break (I mean your carrying a fully developed baby)! Tell us as soon as your able to when you have him!

Sherilyn said...

Can't wait to hear the good news! He will come when he is ready. So, try and relax and by all means get some sleep....you will need it!