.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Braxton's 20 Week Ultra Sound

EVERYTHING went so perfect! Sigh of relief!! You always know it will but, there is still that inch of worry in you. My friend just had her baby yesterday & the whole pregnancy went great but only a few hours after being born he was life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. He has quite a few heart problems and will need a few open heart surgeries. It scared me to death. I just kept asking her how did they not catch that on the ultra sound?
So, I won't lie, I let it get to me and ended up being nervous all day! To add to that I was already nervous because I hadn't felt him since Friday. ( I know I worry too much) I know I am not to the point yet of feeling him ALL the time but last week he was very active and I felt him at least once a day so after feeling him as much as I did I thought I was to the point where I should. We tried everything Saturday night & Sunday afternoon. We played music for him with head phones on my stomach, we rubbed my belly over and over again, & I tried changing positions a few times as well & nothing. So I finally asked Ty to give me a blessing to help comfort me. Right after Tyler was done with the blessing we got into bed and I asked Ty to try just one more time to see if he would move for him. Sure enough the second Ty put his hands on my belly he started kicking.... HARD! Ty felt him for the first time last night. It was so cute. Ty about jumped out of his skin and looked at me and said "Was that... Was that..??" He couldn't even get it out! It was the best moment. I guess we know who he likes better already! He won't move for me! Next time I will just got straight for Ty!





Every time she would poke him to look at things a little better he would kick or punch right back. Tyler jokes that he likes sleep as much as I do and hates to be woken up in the wrong way!! You can't tell in this picture but he was just chillen with his arm up above his head. He must be really comfortable in there.
When she was looking at the heart(for like the 4th time, because I told her about my friend) She finally put on the sound so we could hear the heart beat! He jumped right when he heard it. She said her volume was up really load and it must have scared him because he kept moving away from the noise. I hope he isn't a sissy! But it was darling! Just tell me why he won't even acknowledge me when I play music on my belly? We'll have to have Ty try!


I wish he would have let us get a good side profile of him, but I think he wasn't too happy about being poked at so we took what he would give us. He ended up just looking straight at the camera the whole time! It was so fun to see him move and to watch his mouth open and close. Makes me even more anxious!
...........................................................................................................

It's Definitely official! I'm a BOY! Again not shy at all and just hanging out in the spread eagle position! He does not want to be mistaken!
.........................................................................................................
Here we are 20 1/2 Weeks....

15 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

Looking super cute! The baby too! You definately look like you are expecting - how fun!

Katie said...

You look so good! I'm glad everything went well for you... you are a worrier, but then so am I!!!!

CaraNathan said...

See- I told you you look great. Everyone says so. I am really excited for you!

McKenzie... said...

Wow, you have just over 4 months left. Right? I still can't believe you are going to have a baby! You look really really good. Seriously. I am so glad the doctor's visit went well. I can't wait to meet little Braxton!!! Come to Florida and play with me, I miss you! Love ya.

Coombs Family said...

Ohh you are so cute and little still! You just have a little bump... it's darling! Our boys can play together...yeah! I'm so thrilled for you guys! :)

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Oh my gosh Amanda my dear Best Friend you look so totally and absolutely DARLING pregnant!!!! Really! For the first time, after seeing that picture, it really hit me that you are a pregnant woman! I can't tell you how beautiful you look! It's SO TRUE, YOU'RE GLOWING!!! I know that you can't tell what babies will look like from an ultra sound but like we were saying earlier you can see their cute little personality come out! I LOVE the front face shot she got and the hand! You have a little spirit inside of you, what a truly AMAZING time for you and Ty. My most favorite story is of how he moved and Ty felt him after the blessing. I love that! Amanda you will make such a wonderful Mother, I am SO EXCITED for you and your new adventure that is coming to your family. I LOVE YOU and I really MISS YOU! Keep the pregnant shots going so I can see your progress!

Sherilyn said...

You look adorable Amanda. So exciting to see the ultra sound pictures. I couldn't be happier for you and Ty. It will be an amazing experience for you to bring this little guy into the world. I am so happy for you, and can't wait for Braxton's arrival! Good luck with everything., I will keep checking your blog.
Love you guys,
Aunt Shar

Nielsen Family said...

How exciting!!! congrats

Jobi Niu said...

Um... you look AMAZING!!! WOW! Freakin hottie prego!

Cheryl said...

You totally look pregnant! I love it! You look really good. I am glad everything went well.

I don't what it is, but whenever you are pregnant people have to tell you about their horror stories. Don't listen to them. You will just end up being freaked out for the whole 9 months. If you can stop people from telling you stories, do it. Fortunately, you won't hear any from me.

CharLee Carn said...

Amanda! You look so good! I still can't believe your pregnant but how exciting! Can't wait to see your baby!

Parrish Family said...

I'm glad everything went well. You look really cute.

Since Snow, I went to Utah State, got married, got my Bachelor's and had a baby. I guess I have accomplished some major things, huh?!? Where did you meet your husband?

Prina Family said...

Amanda! You look amazing! Such a little round bump, i would think you are only a couple months along! Good job, cant wait to see you!

Dustin and Amy Rasmussen said...

Yay. I am so glad things went well! You are totaly darling I love your bump! Congrats again!

Hayley England Kling said...

Cute baby belly! That's so exciting:)